Monday, January 7, 2008

Keeping in Touch

Last Friday, I had lunch with Jack, one of my ex-colleagues. He wanted to thank me for acting as his referee for his new job, thus he gave me a lunch treat.

It was nice meeting up with him and I truly appreciate his effort in arranging for the lunch. Since he left the company, we have kept in touch through e-mail and SMS, and this was the first time that we met up. We had a nice chat while enjoying the food.

The lunch reminded me of the other 3 meals I had in the last one month – 2 with my old friends and the other one with a group of ex-colleagues. The feeling of catching up was really great and I am glad that I made an effort to meet up with them. Truly enjoy the fun, laughter, gossips, jokes, etc. They really made my day! Ha, I also discovered that TCC serves good food other than good coffee, and I finally visited Dempsey Hill – a place that I had always wanted to check out.

When I reflect on these get-togethers I had, I am really grateful that I still have friends around me after all these years. I am thankful to those friends who made an effort to organize the event and I am glad to say that I did my part too.
Of course, there are friends whom I would like to meet up more frequent and friends that I have lost touch, it is therefore my commitment in 2008 that I would make a conscious effort to maintain the friendship that I have, especially those that I treasure a lot.

No comments: