Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Not the usual New Year's Resolution

Today is the 2nd calendar day of 2008, 1st working day of 2008, yet I do not feel like I have crossed the year. Unlike the previous years where I normally spent the last few days of the “old” year and 1st few days of the “new” year on reflection and planning, this year the crossover was just like any other normal day.

So I thought I should spend the morning on reflection and planning for the new year, but I was swamped by work – phone calls, e-mails, etc.

Nevertheless, I told myself that no matter what, I must still set myself a few key goals within these few days, not the usual new year resolution (which will not be kept anyway), but some goals that will guide me towards living my desired 2nd half.

Here's my initial thoughts on the top 5 goals (subject to changes of course, haha):

1) Manage my personal finance better – apply what I learnt from the Millionaire Mind Intensive seminar by T Harv Eker. One area that I am committed to pick up is stock investment. The other area is finding my niche area in the internet marketing space.

2) Attain the professional qualifications that are relevant and key to my 2nd career – have identified 3-4 relevant qualifications in total. Started one of them last year, but have not completed it as I kept procrastinating! The other one is one that I have put off for years!

3) Active networking, expand both my social and professional circle, get to know a few of my new friends better. Participate actively and enthusiastically in the alumni and professional society that I am currently in – at least 1-2 activities per month.

4) Spend time in nurturing my body, mind and soul. Live a healthy lifestyle, get in touch with the nature, attend to my garden, read at least 2 books per month, attend 4 self-improvement seminar, etc. There is a whole lot that I want to achieve here, but think I need to focus and be more specific :-)

5) Community involvement - contribute something back to the society, going beyond the “bread delivery routine”

Most important of all, I am committed to develop a deeper level of understanding of my life purpose and my 2nd half.

No comments: