Thursday, December 20, 2007

All the Way from Tasmania, Australia

“Honey from the Lavender Farm, Chocolates from the Cadbury Factory, all the way from Tasmania. Well, the nougats are from the Airport."

I walked into the office today, and saw this note on my desk. Huh, I must have missed it yesterday. I came back to my desk after meeting yesterday, and I saw a bottle of honey, chocolates and nougats, and I wondered who placed them here. Anyway, I was hungry (or greedy) and ate 2 of the nougats.

Today, the mystery is solved. The things were from one of my colleagues who had just come back from a holiday in Australia.

From time to time, I would find food, tidbits, souvenirs or gifts on my desk. I knew they were from colleagues around me, but sometimes I really had no clues who gave it to me as the person did not leave behind his/her name, and when I asked around, nobody knew.

Without fail, these little things that I receive always bring me smile, warm my heart and sweeten my day. I am grateful that there are colleagues and friends who will remember me even when they are far away.

These little things mean a lot to me, and I am sure they mean a lot to many of you too. Therefore, it is important that we make that extra bit of effort to focus on them, so as to bring joy and happiness to people around us.


It is my commitment that in the year to come, I would pay more attention in this area, and the immediate thing that I need to do is to get all my Christmas presents ready for next week.

No comments: