Friday, December 28, 2007

Gloria Jean's Coffee Mug


This is the Christmas present that I picked for myself. I went Christmas shopping last weekend and saw this at the Gloria Jean’s coffee outlet, so I told my friend who was with me that I actually did not mind having this as Christmas present – that’s how I got this thermos coffee mug.

Needless to say, this is the best Christmas present I received this year, amongst those chocolates, books, toiletries, decorative items, calendar, CD/VCD, etc.

Why do I want this coffee mug as Christmas present? I was inspired by LP, one of my colleagues. Very often, I would bump into her, holding a mug filled with coffee bought from the office cafeteria.

Initially, I did not know what she was up to, so I asked her. “Hey, why are you with this cup every morning?”

“Buy coffee. I don’t want to waste the paper cups, so I bring my own mug.” She replied.

“Oh, I see.” I then recall that LP is an environment friendly person, and I salute her for thoughtfulness. She made me feel guilty, as I throw away at least 1-2 paper cups everyday. Therefore when I saw this coffee mug, immediately I recalled my conversation with LP and my commitment to do likewise. And so … I got my mug, a Gloria Jean’s thermos coffee mug.

I talked about The Starfish Story yesterday, and LP reminded me that if everyone of us put in that little extra effort in taking good care of the environment that we live in, collectively we can make a difference to this planet.

Be a starfish thrower. When we become throwers of the starfish, we have the power to change the world.

No comments: