Friday, December 14, 2007

It is your choice

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

I bumped into Nigel during lunch time. He is one of the trainers for the course that I attended end of last year. He was casually dressed and he told me he was there as his sister stays nearby. We chatted for a short while, and he asked if I were going back to the office.

I replied, “Yes, I have to as I am still an employee.” He looked at me, “It’s your choice.” I did not protest, smiled but still tried to justify. “Well, I will definitely get out next year.” And we parted.

Last year, when I attended the course, I told everybody in the class that my next step is to quit my job and be a freelance professional trainer, and I gave myself a timeframe of one year. Now that one year is up, I am still with my job, so everytime when I met my trainers or classmates, they would remind me of my plan. Whenever I bumped into friends or ex-colleagues who had left their jobs and became trainers, I would envy them and admire their guts in making the change.

Choice, it is my choice. I am fully aware of this. For me to fulfill my dream to be a professional trainer, I will have to take charge, make a choice that will bring me there. If I choose to stay put and do nothing, I should not expect a different outcome.

So it is my commitment that I will choose differently, little by little everyday, so that I could progress along my chosen path and have a new experience.

Choose differently today.

No comments: