Friday, December 7, 2007

Take a break

I was at Japan Fukuoka airport, checked in but still have time to spare, so killing time by doing last minute shopping at the airport shops. I wanted to buy something for myself, but after 3 shops, I still could not find anything I like.

“Can you believe it? I bought nothing for myself this trip.” I complained to my friend. I packed my luggage last night and realized all the things I bought are for others, and none for me.

“Well, the fact that you came for this trip is already a reward for yourself.” That was the reply I got.

How true. I may not have bought anything for myself, which is unusual, but I did give myself a week off and took a holiday in Japan – giving my body and mind a well deserved rest.

In the last few days, 6 days to be exact, I caught up with my sleep, finished reading a book, took many photographs and tested my new camera. In addition, I experienced a different culture, made a few new friends, tried new food, got in touch with the nature, watched sunrise, etc. All these are what I have always wanted to do but find it challenging to get out of my routine in normal days to do them.

So this holiday allowed me to break away from my daily routine, gave me the opportunity to do those things that I have always wanted to do, see the world and experience a different lifestyle.

I wish I could do this more in the future :-)

No comments: