Friday, November 16, 2007

Living with Passion, Purpose and Peace

The 10 Ancient Rituals of Radiant Living

Ritual of Solitude
Ritual of Physicality
Ritual of Live Nourishment
Ritual of Abundant Knowledge
Ritual of Personal Reflection
Ritual of Early Awakening
Ritual of Music
Ritual of the Spoken Word
Ritual of a Congruent Character
Ritual of Simplicity

I extracted the above from the book, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams & Reaching Your Destiny, authored by Robin Sharma. I bought this book as early as 5 years ago, but I did not read it until 3 years later. I remember it was one of my friends who strongly recommended that I read this book, as I was feeling uncertain about myself at that time.

The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari tells the story of a lawyer forced to confront his out-of-balance life, when he embarks upon an extraordinary journey where he discovers the wisdom to live with passion, purpose, and peace.

The story was very captivating, I remember I couldn’t stop reading the book once I started it – I carried it with me everywhere I went, I read it in the bathroom, I read it before I sleep, I read it while waiting for people and I read it when I was in the park.

The story was extraordinary, thought provoking and yet inspiring. It challenged me to take a hard look at myself, to question my purpose in life, to slow down, to understand happiness, to seek peace within myself, to strike a balance in life, etc.

The above 10 rituals is a constant reminder to me that I need to live a balanced life with purpose and passion. Therefore I have them printed on a paper and pinned it up on the wall that I can see everyday.

Last year, a colleague gave me this book as a Christmas present, not knowing that I have one. Recently I loaned this book to a friend, a few days later, she asked me if she could keep The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
as she really loved it. Of course I said yes.

2 comments:

TAHIRA Akua TAHIRA said...

Sounds like an interesting book. Living with passion, purpose and peace is my daily walk yet I am always looking for new resources to make that walk more pleasant.

Thanks!

Elsie said...

You are most welcome. Hope you enjoy reading this book. Cheers!